Could You Care?
- Health and Social Care Recruitment Event
- Thursday 7th November, 2pm – 6pm
- CU Scarborough
- Ashburn Road, Off Valley Road, Scarborough, YO11 2JW
If you think working in health and social care might be for you then come along to our recruitment event to find out more about the wide range of jobs and careers available. You will be able to talk to local employers about their current vacancies and find out about the training available to support you in your career. Maybe you’ve always wanted to be a nurse but don’t know where to start or you’re interested in an apprenticeship and want to know more or maybe you are looking for a job as a healthcare or care assistant. Whatever your interest there will be someone available on the day to help.
At the event you will be able to:
- Meet local health and social care employers
- Find out about NHS careers from York Teaching Hospital
- Learn about the broad range of opportunities available in community and inpatient mental health services, community services, learning disability services, healthy lifestyle support and addictions services.
- Find out what it is like to work in a GP Practice.
- Find out about the different careers in care, how people can get into care, what roles are available across North Yorkshire and how you can apply.
- Meet local social care employers.
- Find out about working in the community and hospice supporting adults with life limiting illness.
- Apply for jobs
- Find out about the training available with local education providers available to talk to on the day.
- Find out about the apprenticeships available in health and social care
- And much more
There are lots of different jobs in health and social care so there is sure to be something to suit you whether you want to work in a hospital or residential home or in the community. You could be supporting someone with a physical or learning disability, someone with a mental health condition or someone who is frail or elderly but one thing is certain, you will be making a real difference to someone’s life.
This event is open to everyone, whatever your level of experience, drop in between 2pm and 6pm or visit https://bit.ly/2nCytKZ to book your place.