Abbey Lea Care Home – Abbey Lea Care Home – £10.60 per hour
- Salary:£10.60 per hour
- Contract: Various
- Hours: Various
Abbey Lea is a lovely care home where our focus is the comfort and wellbeing of our residents. Set in a grade 2 listed building and more recent purpose-built extension, Abbey Lea benefits from a peaceful location in Barlby and beautiful gardens providing a peaceful place to enjoy with visitors.
The care and comfort of our residents is our absolute priority, and we aim to provide exceptional support and care to our residents for as long as they choose to live at Abbey Lea.
We have recently joined Care Skills Academy for our training requirements and encourage additional learning and development for our team in these areas specifically. We value teamwork, honesty, and a strong work ethic when we are looking for new team members. If this is you, please get in touch!
We are recruiting for Care Assistants to join our team. Duties as follows:
· Provide a high standard of care and support to ensure all residents have their needs and wishes met during your shifts to include personal care, support with meals and activities
· Upload actions and comments to the digital care planning system
· Ensure mandatory training is completed within the agreed timescale
· Support your shift lead to ensure all areas of the home are clean, tidy and pleasant for residents and visitors
· Support the shift lead to ensure all tasks and checks are completed on each shift
· Communicate with family/friends of residents with professionalism and warmth, assisting them with anything they may need
· Greet and help all visitors to the home i.e. healthcare professionals and contractors, with professionalism and confidence
· Support the management team to promote the home to the local community
Requirements of the role
· Previous care-giving experience is desirable but not essential – you will be required to complete the Care Certificate via a mix of online learning and practical assessments
· Keenness to learn and develop yourself
· Team player
· Above all, a caring nature
- 28 days holiday per year
- Access to excellent training
- Support with development opportunities
- Workplace pension
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Overtime often available to cover holidays/absence
* It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from
working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act
2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with adults at
*We are committed to the inclusion, safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of adults at risk*
If you feel this is the role for you, please contact Paula today on 07977 709 993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in being considered for more than one of our vacancies, you will only need submit ONE application. You can state in the ‘Supporting Evidence’ section of your application the other roles you would like to be considered for, but any suitable roles will be discussed with you.
Together we can Make Care Matter.
#MakeCareMatter #EverydayisDifferent #WorkinCare
Your data is being collected for the purpose of recruitment. For more information about how the Council uses your personal data for this purpose please see our privacy notice here: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/working-us.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.