Care Assistant Days – £9.80 7am till 7pm
Care Assistant Nights – £10.30 (paid breaks) 7pm till 7am
33 – 44 hours per week
Amarna House Care Home, located in York are currently recruiting for dedicated and caring team players to join us as Care Assistants. As Care Assistant, it is desirable that you hold a Level 2 qualification in Health & Social Care (or equivalent), alongside experience of a similar role. It is equally important that you can demonstrate the right behaviours and attitude for working in an adult social care environment. A full induction programme will be provided, alongside formal training opportunities.
The key responsibilities of our Care Assistants include:
- Provide person centred care and personal care to residents in all aspects of their daily living.
- Supporting residents at meal times, in accordance with their individual needs.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas; ensure areas are decorated as rooms become vacant and that the whole environment is checked regularly to achieve the desired standards.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Take reasonable care of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of residents and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings, and participating in training sessions.
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Apply today online or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or an informal chat please call or text Katie on 07815 644896. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com for more info.
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.