Deeper Care Solutions Ltd
Female Personal Assistant
Location – York
Permanent contract – Various hours
Up to £15.00 per hour
Female Personal Assistants are needed to support a university student in York. Due to complex needs the occupational requirement is a female carer.
Several roles of around 30 hours a week (less or more hours negotiable) days and nights are available. The young woman is extremely creative & enjoys all things arty as well as reading, watching documentaries and going on adventures. Personal or professional experience of supporting people with complex mental health problems and/or people on the autistic spectrum is preferred but not essential. Applicants should have an interest in this area.
Tasks will include:
- Administering medication
- Assisting the client with strategies to maintain mental health and wellbeing
- Assisting the client with sensory regulation
- Cooking & baking
- Light housework/cleaning (laundry, vacuuming, washing up, dusting etc)
- Watching tv together (especially documentaries), playing games etc
- Going out and about in the client’s Motability car.
- Shopping (food, clothes, for fun etc)
- Visit and phone calls to the doctor, dentist, vet etc
- Collecting and organising pharmacy medicines.
- Supporting the client to do the creative things she enjoys
- Supporting the client to do physical activity, such as sport and swimming
- Supporting client with some aspects of personal care
- Supporting client to keep the Assistance Dog spending area clean
- Supporting client with life administration
- Any other duties as required
- You are reliable, responsible and professional
- You are friendly, calm and approachable
- You are flexible and can work well under pressure
- You have a full, clean UK driving licence and can drive manual vehicles
- You are not allergic to dogs as the client has an assistance dog
- You have experience of supporting someone on the autistic spectrum and/or experience of supporting someone with mental illness
- You have experience working in a caring profession
- You have an interest in creative activities
- You are physically fit
- You live in York and know it and the surrounding area well
Apply today online or by sending your CV to email@example.com. For more information or an informal chat please call or text Katie on 07815 644896. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.