Deeper Care Solutions Ltd
Female Personal Assistant
Location – York
Permanent contract – Various hours
Up to £16.00 per hour
We need female personal assistants due to complex needs the occupational requirement is a female carer – who are punctual, reliable, positive, professional, trustworthy and respectable, they can work on their own initiative and are good at problem solving. You also need to be able to stay calm under pressure. You need to have a good sense of humour, enjoy being out in the community visiting gardens, the beach and parks.
Female personal assistants for nights are needed to form a team supporting a university student in York. Several roles of around 30 hours a week (less or more hours negotiable) are available. Shifts start 9:30pm and end 9:00am. The young woman is extremely creative & enjoys all things arty as well as reading, watching documentaries and going on adventures. Personal or professional experience of supporting people with complex mental health problems and/or people on the autistic spectrum is preferred but not essential. Applicants should have an interest in these areas. Flexibility is desirable. There is more than one post available
· You are reliable, responsible and professional
· You are friendly, calm and approachable
· You are flexible and can work well under pressure
· You have a full, clean UK driving licence
· You are not phobic or allergic to dogs or cats
· You are not afraid of the dark
- You have experience of supporting someone on the autistic spectrum and/or experience of supporting someone with mental illness.
- You have experience working in a caring profession
- You have an interest in creative activities
- You are physically fit
- You live in York and know it and the surrounding area well
Tasks will include:
- Administering medication
- Walking outside to help client manage anxiety
- Assisting the client with strategies to maintain mental health and wellbeing
- Assisting the client with sensory regulation
- Light housework/cleaning (vacuuming, washing up, dusting etc)
- Watching tv together (especially documentaries), playing games etc
- Going out and about in the client’s Motability car.
- Visits and phone calls to the doctor, dentist, vet etc
- Collecting and organising pharmacy medicines.
Apply today online or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or an informal chat please call or text Katie on 07815 644896. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com for more info.
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.