Support Worker – Home Care Worker – NCCN – Selby
- Salary: £12.50 per hour
- Contract: Various
- Hours: Various
We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate support worker to join our team. As a support worker, you will be responsible for providing care and support to individuals with various disabilities, mental health conditions or those who are vulnerable due to age or circumstances. You will work closely with other team members and healthcare professionals to ensure that our clients receive the best possible care.
· Assisting with their daily activities, such as personal care, meal preparation, medication management, and housekeeping
· Providing emotional support and companionship
· Assisting with community integration and social activities
· Monitoring and reporting any changes in health or behaviour
· Communicating effectively with individuals, their families, and other healthcare professionals
· Ensuring that all needs are met and that rights are respected at all times
· Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of care and progress
· Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not essential
· NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification preferred but not essential
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Flexible and adaptable approach to work
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with challenging situations
· Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
· A commitment to providing high-quality care and support to vulnerable individuals
We offer competitive rates of pay, ongoing training and development, and opportunities for career progression. If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for and are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
* It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from
working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act
2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with adults at
*We are committed to the inclusion, safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of adults at risk*
If you feel this is the role for you, please contact Paula today on 07977 709 993 or email email@example.com for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in being considered for more than one of our vacancies, you will only need submit ONE application. You can state in the ‘Supporting Evidence’ section of your application the other roles you would like to be considered for, but any suitable roles will be discussed with you.
Together we can Make Care Matter.
#MakeCareMatter #EverydayisDifferent #WorkinCare
Your data is being collected for the purpose of recruitment. For more information about how the Council uses your personal data for this purpose please see our privacy notice here: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/working-us.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.