Home Care Worker – NCCN –
Sherburn in Elmet
Up to £9.60 per hour
Full-time, part-time, permanent & bank hours available
Paid travel time and mileage
Due to current expansion we are recruiting part time and full time Home Care Workers in the
Sherburn in Elmet
District of North Yorkshire.
We currently have and full time, part time and bank positions available. Previous care experience is desirable but is not always necessary – your attitude and communication skills are more important to us!
NCCN has provided a consistently high quality, person centred service since 1992, and is nurse led and family owned. NCCN is a North Yorkshire approved Frame Work Provider. We provide in depth training (including the new care certificate) provided by experienced and qualified trainers. Training is provided in house, supplemented by support from our health colleagues to make sure that everyone is fully competent and confident to meet the needs of those who use our service. Support is ongoing and available 24 hours a day.
All training is paid including free uniform, enhanced DBS check, contributory pension scheme, holiday pay, mileage allowance etc. We also offer a refer a friend scheme. If the person you refer stays with us for 6 month, you will receive £300 – this is for a full time member of staff and is offered pro-rata.
Qualifications and Skills:
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Flexible – you let us know when you are available and we arrange your work around those hours, but you will need to work alternate weekends (if you can only work weekends that would be great!)
Suitable for students, especially social work and nursing – NCCN are placement providers for the University of Hull School of Nursing
A car driver or form of transport essential, mileage and travel time paid.
Discounted or free food
COVID-19 considerations: All staff are issued with PPE in line with Public Health England Guidance.
Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Care Work: 1 year (Preferred but not essential)
- Supporting and assisting with all personal care requirements
- Charting or taking notes for others to review
- Providing companionship and supportive listening
- Observing and reporting any changes in the health or status of the patient
- Preparing meals and feeding patients
- Responding to emergency situations
- Prompting and administering medication
- Accompanying and transporting patients to appointments and/or social events
- Facilitating community and recreational outings, including transport
- Providing support with hobbies, studies, and social activities
Apply now or for more information call or text Kaitlin on
or email email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.