Learning Disability Support Worker – From £12.38 per hour to £13.02 per hour – Cauwood Malton
Location: Cauwood, Malton
Do you end your day knowing you have made a difference? As a Learning Disability Support Worker, even the smallest things make the biggest impact, to the lives of those you support. Using your skills, knowledge and life experiences, to encourage people to explore their strengths.
By supporting people to be as independent as possible, and enjoying the community, in which they live. Accessing community facilities and activities, to enhance their daily lives. We do various activities within the centre, arts and crafts, music, cooking and gardening. Developing new experiences, to achieve their personal goals. Enriching a person’s lifestyle.
Providing Personal care is an important part of the role, including use of equipment to transfer the person, alongside respecting the wishes and needs of the person, ensuring a person centred approach. Support and training will be provided.
Cauwood offer a service over five days a week. Providing daytime support for individuals with Learning Disabilities / complex care needs and, or Autism. Both services are accredited by the National Autistic Society. In Addition to our valued based, forward-thinking culture, we also offer excellent training and support throughout your employment. Although you general working hours will be Monday – Friday, flexibility will still be required to work the occasional evening or weekend.
If that isn’t enough, what else can we offer you?
- Significant training and learning including equality and diversity, personal safety, autism, dementia awareness, health and safety, and customer care
- Generous holiday entitlement, starting at 24 days per year, increasing by length of service
- Enhanced DBS clearance paid for by us
- Starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Competitive rate of pay with the opportunity for progression
- Access to a range of salary sacrifice schemes and discounts including pension scheme, green car scheme, childcare vouchers and home technology scheme.
- Support with your care qualification, apprenticeships, NVQ Level 2 or Level 3
We also welcome applicants from none care backgrounds, who can demonstrate a strong person, centred valued approach, alongside with a willingness to learn. With a positive attitude, then this could be the next job for you.
To find out more about this role please view the job description here: Job Description.docx
To read about the benefits of working for North Yorkshire Council view our rewards booklet here: Rewards Booklet
For an informal discussion please call or text Lauren Brady on 07815 644420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is a criminal
offence for people who are barred from working in Regulated Activity
(under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) to apply for roles
that require them to work unsupervised with adults at risk.We are committed to the
inclusion, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.