Contract Type: Permanent, Term time only
Hours/Working pattern: 6 hrs 40 mins per week, Monday- Friday
Weekend Working: No
Location: Park Street, Pickering
Closing Date: 25th February 2024
Interview Date: TBC
Interview Venue: TBC
Salary: Min £11.79 – £12.38 per hour
Do you have some spare time in the morning and/or afternoon? Would you love a role where you can be a hero to young children and adults? If so, we’re looking for a School Crossing Patrol who wants to make a difference at Park Street Pickering.
All our school crossing patrols provide a really valuable service to the local community by ensuring that children and adults are able to cross the road safely on their route to and from school. Many of our Crossing patrol staff often find the role hugely rewarding and sociable role and we’re sure you will too.
Your duties will include:
- Check the operation of amber flashing lights (where appropriate) and reporting any malfunctions to the School Crossing Patrol Officer.
- Carry out a ‘pre-duty’ Health and Safety risk assessment to ensure the site is safe to work at, and reporting any concerns identified to the School Crossing Patrol Officer.
- Control and marshalling of children at the crossing point
- Stopping traffic on the Highway by using ‘STOP’ sign
Duty times are:
8.10am – 8.50am and 15.00 – 15.40
We may be able to offer flexibility, if you can only work mornings or cannot work every weekday we would still be interested in hearing from you.
What you will bring
If you are customer focused, with great communication skills both verbal and written, then we would love to hear from you.
A DBS is required for this role, the cost of which is met by the employer.
Working for us
When you join us, you are entitled to our outstanding benefits and wellbeing plan as part of your position.
- Our holiday entitlement starts at 28 days up to 4 years rising to 34 days per year pro rata after 5 years service, plus public holidays.
- Pension: save for your retirement with our generous local government pension scheme with a 18.5% contribution from NYC.
- Fitness & Rewards: Fitness discounts with various Gyms across the county. Stay on top of your game and save £££.
- Lifestyle Savings: explore a huge range of discounts to help you save money across hundreds of the UK’s favourite high-street and online retailers.
- Payroll Pay: salary sacrifice schemes such as: Car scheme, Salary Finance, Cycle to work, Technology. Spread the cost from your monthly salary.
Contact and apply
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the role, please contact Darren Barrott on 01609797094 or Darren.Barrott@northyorks.gov.uk
Applying is easy, simply click on apply on our website, register your details, remove your personal details from your CV and upload.
Closing Date: 25th February 2024
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Enhanced Level DBS is required for appointment to this post.
North Yorkshire Council (NYC) advertise vacancies on behalf of schools and external organisations (third parties) in North Yorkshire. NYC are not responsible for the recruitment/employment practices of third parties and accept no liability in relation to the vacancy and any subsequent recruitment/employment processes. Enquiries regarding the vacancy or practices should be made directly with the third party.
NYC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Yorkshire Councils’ purpose is
to deliver services and facilities to the diverse residents and visitors of
North Yorkshire. To ensure we deliver inclusive services we strive to have a
diverse workforce where everybody can be themselves by respecting differences
and embedding equality of opportunity. We celebrate diversity and recognise
each other’s contributions, we therefore welcome applications from individuals
of all backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.