Job Title: Senior Personal Care Assistant
37.5 hours per week
£11.00 per hour
Reports To: Deputy Manager
Disability Action Yorkshire
Our charity is proud to celebrate over 80 years of supporting disabled people. As we continue to strive forward in developing our service we seek bright and enthusiastic people who can support us in achieving the aspirations of disabled people whatever they may be.
We are looking to recruit a senior personal assistant to work at our residential care home on Claro Road. You will provide personal care, develop independent living skills and support people in achieving their own life goals.
We offer a great working environment, great rates of pay and bespoke training as well as ongoing development and support.
Does this sound like a job for you? Are you enthusiastic, motivated and genuinely interested in a career in health and social care?
What we offer
· Fully funded Mandatory training
· Fully funded Diploma in Health & Social Care
· A great working environment
· Contracted full time hours
· Fantastic rates of pay
· 28 days’ holiday plus additional payment for bank holidays worked
· Life Assurance
· Cycle to work scheme
· Employment Support Helpline
· Paid Blue Light Card
· Paid Birthday Leave
· Refer a friend scheme
· New starter bonus
· Wellness Wednesday
· Paid Breaks
· Paid DBS
About You – Essential requirements
· Good communication skills at all levels
· Good organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative Ability to lead and motivate others
· Good level of numeracy and literacy Good IT skills
· Able to maintain accurate records
· Experience of working in a social care, residential or community setting
· Minimum Level 2 qualification with willingness to work towards Level 3
· Willingness to undertake training and development activity
About You – Desirable requirements
· Driving licence
· Experience of co-ordinating homecare delivery
· Experience of staff management / supervision
· Knowledge of the issues affecting disabled people Knowledge of the requirements of the Care Quality Commission
· Leadership of a unit of ten customers within the residential care facility including delegation of tasks to staff
· Responsibility for the food budget for their unit, including ensuring menu planning and food shopping is carried out
· Leads the shift as required
· Undertake a wide range of support tasks and activities for each customers, as described in their support plan, and directed by the customer, including personal care, domestic support and assistance with social needs when required
· As requested by, and/or in the absence of, the manager maintain effective communication with customers, relatives, staff and external agencies including health care professionals and others
· Accurate administration of medication, including ordering, safe storage, recording and disposal
· Preparation of care plans and risk assessments, enabling the people we support to live their lives to their full potential by promoting choice, independence, dignity, privacy, diversity, culture and values.
· Arranging and attending regular review meetings of customers care and support, taking into account changing needs and choices.
· Ensure that all information relating to customers is kept up to date and communicated to others. Ensure that any concerns or changes to customers support needs or risk management are acted on without delay.
· Be on call on a rota basis
· Attends staff meetings, supervision and training as required
· Promotes a positive image of disability, and the organisation
· Maintains personal responsibility for following our policy and procedures as well as health and safety regulations
For an informal discussion please call or text Kaitlin on
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.