Senior Support Worker – United Response, Harrogate – £11.70 per hour
- Salary: £11.70 per hour
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are currently looking for an experienced social care professional to join our one of our busy supported living services in Harrogate.
The role of Lead Senior Support Worker:
Our Lead Senior Support Workers are a key link between support staff and management and are often responsible for the day to day running of the service.
You will have a busy role that will involve:
• lone working 1:1
• Working on shift
• Managing the emotional wellbeing of the people we support
• Supporting and mentoring other members of the team
• Dealing with any problems that arise on shift
• Ensuring good practice is adhered to at all times
• Ensuring the people we support have the opportunity to do the things they love
• Accompanying the people we support in the community
The qualities of a Lead Senior Support Worker
A good Lead Senior Support Worker should be able to balance the needs of the service, the Support Workers and the people we support. As a senior member of staff you should be able to inspire confidence in your team and help them make sure the highest quality person-centred support is given at all times. You should have previous experience of social care but don’t need to have been in a senior position before.
To be considered for this role you should hold a full drivers licence.
• Pension contribution
• Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
• Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
• Sick Pay entitlement
• Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
• Bluelight discounts
• Refer a friend scheme
This role will involve elements of weekend and evening work as well as sleep in shifts which means flexibility is essential but the rewards for yourself and the people we support are worth it. Successful applicants will be subject to a full DBS check cost met by United Response.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
* It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from
working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act
2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with adults at
* We are committed to the inclusion, safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of adults at risk*
This is a role not to miss out on – Give Paula a call today on 07977 709 993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in being considered for more than one of our vacancies, you will only need submit ONE application. You can state in the ‘Supporting Evidence’ section of your application the other roles you would like to be considered for but any suitable roles will be discussed with you.
Together we can Make Care Matter.
#MakeCareMatter #EverydayisDifferent #WorkinCare #Harrogate
Your data is being collected for the purpose of recruitment. For more information about how the County Council uses your personal data for this purpose please see our privacy notice here: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/working-us.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.