Service Managers, Scarborough (S216)
37 hours per week (x2 positions available)
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
We are an award winning social care charity, providing support to adults with care needs both out in the community and within their own homes. Reporting to the Locality Manager (Registered Manager) you will play an active role in the running of our established Scarborough service, rated as ‘Good’ in all areas by the Care Quality Commission. We also manage a pioneering Shared Lives service, in which trained carers open their homes for people with a support need to stay with them on a long or short-term basis.
What does the role involve?
- The day to day management of a team of Support Workers and Shared Lives Carers.
- The promotion of the Shared Lives service and assessment of new Shared Lives Carers.
- Ensuring the service is running in compliance with regulating authorities and Avalon quality assurance framework, including completion of audits of finance and medication.
- Assessment and development of new packages, reviewing and upkeep of existing packages to ensure support arrangements meet customer needs and outcomes.
- Continually improving services offered by Avalon by working positively with our customers and developing good relationships with service commissioners and care managers.
- The role is based at our office in Scarborough, however we support agile working and there will be some opportunities to work from home.
What you need…
- Demonstrable management experience in social care and in line managing a team.
- The ability to interpret and apply CQC fundamental standards of quality and safety.
- Excellent IT skills.
- To be a car driver with use of a vehicle for business purposes.
- To be willing to work from our office and within local services.
- To be able to work flexibly and participate in the out of hours on call service.
- Award winning in-house training with opportunities to develop your career
- 24/7 Everyday Advice helpline, giving you impartial guidance regarding any personal matters or concerns you may have
- On Call support 24 hours a day
- Discounts at high street retailers and on gym memberships
- Access to our Health Cash Plan
- Paid travel expenses between consecutive sessions of support
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile
- £250 bonus for recommending a friend to become a support worker
- Paid Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Certificate (which you need to be able to work in social care).
Appointment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.
For more information or an informal discussion please contact Amy Pawley on 01723 356540.
Closing date: Friday 26 August 2022 at 12 noon.
We strive to ensure equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexuality or religion.
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.