Do you want to work in an exciting role where you can succeed every day?
Do you want to have a positive impact in someone else’s life?
Do you want to help others to succeed every day?
Then read on, this is the job for you!
We are recruiting for passionate, caring, and positive waking night support workers to join our team, and in return you’ll get back so much more than you ever imagined possible. We currently have full time positions available in our services which provide care for adults with Learning Disabilities. No experience is necessary, as we are looking for people with the right values and attitude.
Job Title: Waking Night Support Worker
Location: Milford Lodge, South Milford
Salary: £10.90 per Hour + Benefits
• Overtime – outside contractual hours (40hrs) £11.40 per hour
• Sleep shift £50 per shift
Action for Care is a private company providing high quality accommodation and personalised care for individuals who have a learning disability with additional complex needs including, but not limited to, autism, ASD, challenging behaviour, epilepsy, communication difficulties and mental health support. Our residential care services are currently provided within the West and North Yorkshire regions and North East. Our service users live in spacious modern houses accommodating between 6 and 8 individuals with 24-hour support, allowing for each house to not only be a house, but a home.
At Action4Care we strive to provide a holistic approach to supporting the adults we care for. We aim to provide our services users with the resources, skills and confidence needed to achieve this. This approach enables our service users to develop independence and live their lives to the fullest with enjoyment being had every day.
You will work as part of a dynamic and diverse team of individuals to meet individual needs. The role is to support adults with a Learning Disability, complex needs, challenging behaviours and/or Autism. Each of our services supports 6-8 adults in a residential setting.
The ideal candidate will enable our service users to:
· Lead safe, fulfilling lifestyles
• Achieve personal goals and aspirations
• Be as independent as possible
• Maintain existing life skills
• Maintain relationships with family and friends
• Reach their full potential with a variety of experiences
• Meet their individual, personal care, and hygiene needs.
• Provide emotional support
Candidates must also have the ability to:
• Regularly update and keep records to a high standard
• Complete a comprehensive training programme
• Undertake domestic and infection control tasks
• Follow policies and procedures effectively
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To be responsible for the general welfare and security of service users as night-time.
· To comfort those service users unable to sleep and to deal professionally with incidents concerning service users’ wellbeing.
· Exchange information with Care Officer staff team and liaise closely with sleep-in staff.
· To assist with settling in the service users at night-time and with getting up and breakfast preparation in the morning.
· To render personal assistance and minor first aid should the need arise.
· During the hours of night-time, ensure all service users’ laundry is undertaken on a daily basis.
· Carry out general repairs to clothing, sewing, darning, replacing buttons and the like.
· Be responsible for building security during the working hours, ensuring all exterior doors are locked.
· Undertake minor caretaking duties.
· In the event of an emergency or crisis beyond the scope of the post holder, contact senior member of staff on call for advice or assistance.
· Any other job related duties that may from time to time be requested by the Manager.
We believe that all our team members are amazing, and we wouldn’t be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you:
• Bank Holiday will be paid at time and a half rate.
• Christmas & New Year will be paid at double time.
• 29 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays). Following one years’ service, an additional days annual leave is given for your birthday.
• Free access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
• Access to vouchers to save money in high street shops.
• Free training including access to diploma’s (accredited qualifications).
• Paid for induction period.
• Development opportunities within the organisation for career progression
• We always prefer to develop staff internally where possible from support worker to seniors, deputies and to managers.
• When supporting service users in the community on activities, lunch is provided.
If you feel this is the role for you, please contact Sophie on 07974 042678 or Kayleigh on 07855 195618 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
* it is a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with adults at risk.*
*We are committed to the inclusion, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk*
PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in being considered for more than one of our vacancies, you will only need submit ONE application. You can state in the ‘Supporting Evidence’ section of your application the other roles you would like to be considered for, but any suitable roles will be discussed with you.
Together we can Make Care Matter.
#MakeCareMatter #EverydayisDifferent #WorkinCare
Your data is being collected for the purpose of recruitment. For more information about how the Council uses your personal data for this purpose please see our privacy notice here: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/working-us.
*T&C’s apply based on contract
All applications will be subject to DBS checks and references. Our support workers are very important to us and are an essential part of our service. If you have previously worked within a similar environment or if you believe you have the skills to complement our service, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.