- Support Worker – Avalon
- Full-time and Part-time hours available
- From £10.20 per hour
We’re looking for support workers to join our Avalon family in the Northallerton area. In particular we are looking for people who are able to cover both week days and weekends shifts working the following shift patterns:
- Morning support between 7am to 12 noon
- Afternoon support between 1:30pm to 8pm or 3:30pm to 8pm/9:30pm
It’s a hugely satisfying role supporting people with additional needs to enjoy the opportunities and choices that make life fulfilling. You don’t need experience, we’ll give you all the training and support you need to do the job to an incredibly high standard.
At Avalon, we don’t do short calls. You’ll always spend at least an hour with our customers. And that means you get to form strong and meaningful bonds, and make a real impact on the people you support.
As a support worker, your days will include things like:
- Helping our customers to plan their meals, clean their homes and explore their passions and interests
- Providing personal care to customers in their own homes
- Taking customers out and about, and getting empowering and enabling them to be more involved in their communities
- Supporting people to use health services effectively and take the medication they need to stay healthy
We have full time, part time and sleep over shifts available, and you’ll enjoy paid travel time, enhanced weekend and bank holiday rates.
As an Avalon employee you will have access to the following benefits:
- Award winning in-house training with opportunities to develop your career
- 24/7 Everyday Advice helpline, giving you impartial guidance regarding any personal matters or concerns you may have
- On Call support 24 hours a day
- Discounts at high street retailers and on gym memberships
- Access to our Health Cash Plan
- Paid travel expenses between consecutive sessions of support
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile
- £250 bonus for recommending a friend to become a support worker
- Paid Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Certificate (which you need to be able to work in social care).
For more information or an informal chat please call or text Kaitlin on 07815 012345. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Apply today online or by sending your CV to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit nyccjobs.engageats.co.uk.