Care Assistant – Care Solutions North Yorkshire – Selby
- Salary: £12.00 per hour
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full time/ part time hours
We are currently recruiting for Care Assistants to:
Provide care and support to vulnerable people living in their own homes and to assist them to live as independently as possible in all areas of daily living.
Encourage clients’ continual well-being together with demonstrating a sensitive, understanding, patient and caring approach at all times.
Maintain accurate records and identify, report and record any changes in need.
Ensure tht all people receiving care and support have the right to privacy, dignity and choice, to be supported in taking considered risks and to make decisions about their own lives.
Respect and show proper regard for each person’s cultural identity and individual needs, wishes and preferences in all aspects of their care.
Show commitment to the role, follow the organisations policies and procedures and work effectively in partnership to safeguard people from harm, abuse and injury.
We offer the following benefits:
- Full paid training and shadow shifts provided (induction and ongoing development on successful completion of probation period)
- Paid holidays
- Uniform and PPE
- Paid DBS
- Mileage allowances of 20p per mile (assistance with claiming an extra 20p per mile back from tax)
- Even work/life balanced rotas to suit both full time (average 40 hours per week) and part time (average 26 hours per week)
Ideally we are hoping to employ full time members of staff that have access to their own car, however we are happy to also consider part time / none drivers.
· Valid full driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential – Ideally we are hoping to employ full time members of staff that have access to their own car, however we are happy to also consider part time / none drivers
· Ability to communicate effectively in English and to follow policies and procedures
· Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK
· Have a strong work ethic, a positive friendly attitude and a genuine passion for providing high quality care and support.
· Basic numeracy and literacy skills
· Previous experience of working in the care sector – formal or informal
All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are compassionate, friendly and looking to make a difference to peoples lives then we would be interested in hearing from you.
£12 per hour + mileage (£12 per hour inclusive of travel time)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Full PPE and training provided
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £12.00 per hour
We offer the following shifts (7 days a week)
7 AM – 2PM
4PM – 10 PM
7AM – 10 PM (full day)
Full PPE and Training provided
* It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from
working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act
2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with adults at
*We are committed to the inclusion, safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of adults at risk*
If you feel this is the role for you, please contact Paula today on 07977 709 993 or email email@example.com for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are interested in being considered for more than one of our vacancies, you will only need submit ONE application. You can state in the ‘Supporting Evidence’ section of your application the other roles you would like to be considered for, but any suitable roles will be discussed with you.
Together we can Make Care Matter.
#MakeCareMatter #EverydayisDifferent #WorkinCare
Your data is being collected for the purpose of recruitment. For more information about how the Council uses your personal data for this purpose please see our privacy notice here: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/working-us.
To apply for this job please visit nycjobs.engageats.co.uk.